Joe Fitzgerald’s Journalism Resumé
Joe is a 27-year-old multi-talented professional. He has covered stories from Tucson to San Francisco, from Occupy Oakland to battles for the night sky. Not confined only to news, he’s edited films with over 100 hours of source footage, and taught hundreds of students and professionals the art of video editing.
Joe on social media:
Bay News Rising — Student Freelance Program
June 2013 to present, and Summer 2012
- Help create curriculum for student journalists
- Copy edit student work
- Add student posts to MediaWorkers.org website (WordPress based)
- Assist in newsroom management
General Assignment Reporter
New York Times Student Journalism Institute 2013, Tucson, Az.
May 19 to June 2, 2013
- Work in newsroom of 23 students from around the nation, led by 10 New York Times editors
- General assignment reporter, produced ten posts in two weeks
- inDesign layout of program’s final newspaper
- produce social media content under hashtag #NYTSJI, blog posts
Freelancer and Intern Reporter
San Francisco Bay Guardian
August 2012 to present
- interned from August to December, then produced paid freelance pieces
- Produced lengthy, in-depth reports on City College of San Francisco
- covered breaking news on local election, November 2012 (election coverage here)
- produced multimedia video pieces (video here)
Fog City Journal
- Covered Ross Mirkarimi hearings, City College of San Francisco firings, Health Care issues and more
El Tecolote (Mission neighborhood newspaper)
Mission Community Would Suffer from College Closure:
More of Joe’s work
Also you can hit all three at once by clicking here: Full Resume.
Thanks for visiting my page, and best of luck in your hiring endeavors.